f

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

On The Road and an Announcement!

October is a very busy month for me. It all began with teaching at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo here in the Chicago area. Then I was off to the expo in Fredericksburg, VA. Had a wonderful time, a little exhausting, but a great experience nonetheless! Met so many wonderful ladies. 

A little later today, I'm heading out to Kalamazoo, Michigan to do a program this evening and then a full day workshop tomorrow for the Kalamazoo Chapter of the American Sewing Guild. Should be lots of fun!



On Thursday, October 19th, I'm off to the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals annual conference. I've signed up for a 2-day workshop on Photoshop and Illustrator. This is something I've wanted to do for some time, so I thought that a 2-day workshop with no distractions would be a wonderful opportunity to begin to build a foundation of knowledge. It's a short trip, I'll fly out on Thursday and return on Sunday. I can be such a homebody :)



On Saturday, October 28, 2017, I will be the guest speaker for the Chicago American Sewing Guild annual fashion show. If you live in the Chicagoland area, I invite you to attend. The theme of their show this year is It's Not Easy Sewing Green. Can't wait to see how the theme is interpreted. They will also feature a competition on bias cut garments. As for my talk, the title is "Taking a Creative Chance." For those of you who know me, you know that I love to laugh, and I love when others laugh, so my talk will feature a few funny stories!!!, and hopefully, be inspirational as well. You do not need to be a member to attend.

If you live anywhere near Indianapolis, Indiana, I will be speaking at their Annual Meeting on Saturday, November 4, 2017. We have lots of fun things planned for the day, and all are welcome. You do not need to be a member of the chapter to attend. They are a very vibrant group though, so I think that if you attend the annual meeting, you will most likely want to join :) Check out their website HERE. They won an award for having an outstanding website in 2016.




Now for a little good news :)

The lecture on working with, and repurposing furs that I did for the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo was so well received in both Chicago and Fredricksburg. The week of October 23, 2017 I will be announcing a workshop that will take place March 22-24, 2018 in Winter Park, Colorado. The workshop will only be open to 10 participants, so if you are interested, email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com to reserve a spot. 

Now off to finish packing!        



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments: