f

Monday, October 9, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Pants, Pants, and Pants

Good Morning!!! Oh my, I have been missing in action. Last Wednesday, I was up early so I could head to Fredericksburg, Virginia to teach at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. I had such a wonderful time. Met lots of wonderful, enthusiastic ladies, and I also had the honor of meeting a few of you who read the blog. Such a treat. But, at the end of the day, I was SOOO tired. On Thursday night, I had a very early dinner, came back to my room and was asleep by 7:15 :/ 

I had initially thought I would fly to Fredericksburg, but since I had so much to take with me, I thought it best to drive. I had planned to go alone, and then at the last minute, my husband said, "I think I would like to go." As we drove through the Washington D.C. area at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday night, I was so very grateful to have him along. It took me, him, the GPS...and my dog Gracie ;), to navigate!!! 

Our drive home yesterday was so lovely. The fall colors had exploded. It's as if fall gives us one last magnificent gift before winter rolls out her blanket and brings us all indoors. 

Since this October is Pants Month, I thought I would do a number of posts on pants. Typically, the Monday Morning Inspiration posts are all about inspiration, but this morning I thought I would pull out a few pants patterns that have caught my eye. They will not all be for everyone! But maybe there's at least one idea for everyone :)

I really like the high-wasited style of this legging. Would be fun to do the insets in stretch faux leather. You can find the pattern HERE




I have always loved a wide-leg pleated pant. I think THIS one is especially pretty. Very Katherine Hepburn.  


A not for everyone pant, but I really like THIS harem style.


Some of you have made this pant and loved it, others, not so much. I actually have THIS pant in my Burda file and hope to get it made up soon. So stay tuned for the review.  


I love a pant with a front seam and I especially like the square pocket. You can find the pattern HERE.


I like THIS pant, but would wear it with a tucked in shirt. 


This is a great casual pant for everything from wearing on a morning walk to a yoga class. I have a pair and I really love them. You can find the pattern HERE.  



And finally from Burda, THIS skinny jean with insets. I really like the zippers. There's a zipper on the thigh and also at the ankles.




And finally, a couple from Vogue Patterns. 

Ruth of CoreCouture just made up a pair of THESE March Tilton pants. Super cute. Be sure to check out her post.



I really like the fact that there is a yoke rather than an elastic waist. And as a bonus, you get a super cute jacket pattern too! 


I wish I could remember who reviewed THIS pattern. Whoever you are, you convinced me to purchase the pattern. They love the fit and have made it up a number of times. This is next in my lineup of things to make so my review will follow soon. 


As you can see, the pant can be made up as more of a pair of tights or a pant. 


Hope I've given you a few ideas to get you in the mood to make a new pair of pants.

Have a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. I think there are quite a few of V1411 floating around! I have 2 pair in my wardrobe. I actually made it 3 times but the first pair didn't have a high enough rise in back and they just weren't comfortable to wear.

    I forgot I had those split front pants as a download. I may have to make them this fall...they're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment and the info on back rise. Really appreciate it 😊

      Delete
  2. Love the pant preview - may have to give several of them a go. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few are a little out there, but I loved what Ruth did with the Marcy Tilton pattern. I haven't done a pleated pant in quite some time, so I just may have to put that on my list 😊

      Delete
  3. Hi Rhonda! I've made 9 (yes 9) versions of Vogue 1411!! You were very kind to feature my post about the pants here on your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, it was you!!! 😊 Send me a link to your blog as I would like to do more of a showcase of your pants.

      Delete
  4. I'm another that loves Vogue 1411. I didn't have any problem with the rise but did have to add to the back crotch point to cure a serious wedgie! I've used both 1 way and 2 way stretch with no change in fit however the 2 way is definitely more comfortable. I've made at least 6 pair since last winter with more planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 6 pair! I really need to get my pattern out of the envelope 😊

      Delete
  5. Thanks Rhonda!
    I really like the blue Burda pants, but I never know what size to order from them. I may copy the style with my Sure-fit Desings.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can easily add the center seam to your pattern. I'll see about doing a tutorial on drafting a square pocket. Always love to hear from you Joy 😊

      Delete
  6. This is a great collection! All of the legging styles with zippers and panels are really talking to me. When I start feeling the chill in the air, I get really excited to pull out my boots for the season, and I love slimmer leg styles for the ability to shove said style straight into my boot. Whether it's still fashionable to do that or not, I don't know, but no doubt, my cold-blooded self keeps much toastier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most stylish thing you can do is be comfortable. Fashion is fleeting, style is eternal. You and I are together in stuffing our pants in our boots! 😊 I think I am going to try the Burda skinny jean with the zippers and insets. I have a piece of blue and cream print that I think will look great.

      Delete
  7. Rhonda, I really enjoyed your class on Thursday at the Expo. The use of the blouse pattern to make other fabulous tops and dresses was so inpiring. I am glad the trip and the teaching was a positive experiance for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made the first pants, and I really love them! ♥ Thanks for sharing, it so interesting following your blog!

    ReplyDelete