f

Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Morning Inspiration/Pierre Cardin

For this week's inspiration post, I thought we would have a little fun and take a look back at Pierre Cardin. In the 1960's, he pushed the envelope, embraced his love for geometric designs, and produced pieces that reflected the changing times. 
While we would not wear a number of the pieces, I think they do provide inspiration, a different look at shapes and what can be done. 






In 2012, at the age of 90. Pierre Cardin was still working, still designing, and still embracing geometric shapes..






I was not able to embed the video, only the link, but it is well worth watching. It's about 6 minutes long and it's a look inside the atelier of Pierre Cardin and a wonderful interview as well. You'll be surprised with the impact that Pierre Cardin actually had on how we view fashion today.

https://youtu.be/lNAB8lnZpT4

The videos below are only a couple of minutes long, but a great look back. In the first video, there is a car wash type top that I absolutely love. In the second video, at the very end, you'll get a glimpse of a black and white piece with circular insets. Moves beautifully.  






Hope you've had a little fun, maybe a smile at this look back. 
Just think, the day will come when we look back at what we're wearing today and wonder what were we thinking!!!
Happy Monday!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. I was 25 in 1969. Boy, does this bring back memories! I sewed exclusively from Vogue Patterns as they fit me the best, and the designs were the best. I made one pantsuit that I loved (this was the first year teachers were allowed to wear pants to work, especially lobbied for in Northern climes like my Michigan city of Saginaw) and I recognize now that this ensemble was a Pierre Cardin design. I think I wore it until it fell apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great memory! Thanks so much for sharing it :)

      Delete
  2. I was born in the early sixties. These images bring back memories of the fun and funky fashion of that era! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I can remember P. Cardin deigns being at Filene's in Boston. My mother may have had a piece or two in her closet and I know in later years my Dad had a number of ties. Those are some great video links Rhonda. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete