f

Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Winner of the Magic Bias Dress Pattern

Good Morning All!
It's a typical early spring day in Chicago, dark and rainy. To be honest, I'm very happy as we had so little snow this winter. We really need the moisture in order for the spring flowers to have any vibrancy. At the moment, I have a bed full of spring crocuses that are blooming. Their tiny little blooms are so lovely. They are like an announcement of what's to come :)  
But, enough about gardening and weather!
So many threw their names in for the drawing of the Magic Bias Dress. I think this has been the most popular of all the sew along giveaways. Everyone who left a message seemed so excited. I just wish I had a pattern for each and every one of you, but sadly, there's only one :(
So...The winner of the Magic Bias Dress pattern is....


Congratulations Tany!!!! 

Be sure to email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com so I can get your pattern out to you.

For those of you who didn't win, you can find the pattern HERE, and you are always welcome to order directly from the Fashion In Harmony website HERE

Fashion in Harmony has published a wonderful book entitled Bias Cut Blueprints. Click HERE for a preview. It's a fabulous book, actually a workbook. You'll be amazed by what you can do with a tube.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Rhonda! I ordered the book last night (through Amazon) and will order the dress today. I am definitely going to have to shorten it; I wonder if I can simply shorten at the hem, like a bias skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn. The dress pattern is quite long. When I do my first post, I will show the dress in the original length, and the dress that was in the magazine. That one is considerably shorter, but as it turns out, could have been shorter for the model. But of course I never know how tall the model will be. I have 2 dress forms, so I can put the 2 side by side to show the difference. I will also talk about how to shorten the pattern.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Tany! I have already ordered the pattern, looking forwad to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, if I had to pick someone to make up this dress and know it would be perfection, it would be Tany. Can't wait to see her interpretation. Great contest, Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the winner's results! I do think I'm going to purchase this. I've just purchased a nice dress form and the Fabulous Fit padding system to use to pad it to my measurements. As I have absolutely NO help with fitting AT ALL, I hope this will be beneficial to improving my fitting skills. This pattern is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see Tany's version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just received my book and WOW! I can't wait to work my way through it and I highly recommend it. I also ordered the dress pattern directly from Fashion in Harmony (since they are so much closer to me). This is one sew along I plan to really sew along with - instead of "reading along". Thanks, Rhonda, for my new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the book! It really is a beautiful book. Well written and easy to follow. I think you'll love it even more once you begin to dig in :)

      Delete