f

Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Morning Inspiration/Haute Couture Fashion Show

Happy Monday!, and I hope that all of you who are mothers had a lovely Mother's Day.
For this week's Monday post, I thought I would post a few pictures from the recent Haute Couture Club of Chicago's fashion show. Each year we host a fashion where we showcase garments that we have made and we also award a scholarship to a fashion design student. The first 3 pictures are pieces that were designed by this year's scholarship winner. The pieces are modeled by a couple of our members. I thought this student was especially innovative and I thought that you too would enjoy seeing what she submitted.  


Now, for my garments. Most of them you have seen, but I thought I would go ahead and share the pictures. The cape in the picture below is from THIS Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post.
 You may remember the top from THIS Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post.
The jacket below was made for a post I did for Sew News on drafting a sailor collar. You can see it HERE.

One of my favorite t-shirts :) The sleeve is from THIS Sleeves On Saturdays post. The pattern for the t-shirt was featured on THIS Thrifty Thursday post.
The skirt below is from THIS Fabulous Free Pattern Friday post.
 As you can see, I went all out with the black and cream two-tone theme!
The show was titled, Through The Looking Glass and it revolved around the story of Alice in Wonderland. One of the segments was dedicated to over the top fascinators. Not the best picture of the fascinator, but it was fun. The dress was also made for a Sew News post on drafting dollars. You can see that post HERE. And the sleeves were done for THIS Sleeves On Saturdays post.
You may remember this trench coat from the Sew News Sewaholic Robson Trench Coat Sew Along. You can see the posts HERE.

And finally, my zebra dress. Fun to make and fun to wear. 

I had a couple other garments in the show, but the pictures weren't worth posting and you've seen them before, so you aren't missing anything ;)
A little shout out to Joan of http://jonadelefashions.blogspot.com/. I was so honored, she actually came all the way from California to see the show! What a delight it was to meet her!  
The show was such fun. It's a major effort to put it all together, but it's worth it. We already have our theme for next year's show and it's great! As soon as I know a date, I'll be sure to let you know.
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

15 comments:

  1. Great post! I think I accidentally squealed out loud when I saw your zebra dress........! OMG :D You look stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. You look like you are just having too much fun! That black and cream outfit is a stunner and my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny, it is a fun outfit :) To be honest, I made it and then hung it in the closet. This was the first time that it saw the light of day. Not anymore!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Rhonda!!! One word:fabulous!!! You look stunning in all these outfits!!! I need to make that side draped skirt and side draped top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, be sure to send a picture!!!! Both are so easy to make, really a make it in an evening kinda deal :)

      Delete
  4. Just simply beautiful work, and you look great wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thanks :) Miss seeing you. Come to Chicago when you get a chance!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic!!! I love your creations, those stripes! that coat! The zebra!! And that sculptural green dress - fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing with us all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! Bravo! Ms. Rhonda. You were outstanding on the runway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone! looks like they're having SEW much fun!!!

    Great!
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a show. All those amazing outfits. I absolutely love you in that zebra dress. You are a great model. Very nice of you all to sponsor a student. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this great post. I fell in love with the zebra dress.
    LG Martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful show that must have been. All of your garments looked stunning, particularly the zebra dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the fashion show with us. Everything is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete