f

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sew News Magazine Winner

 I got a little side tracked yesterday and forgot to post the winner of the June/July issue of Sew News.
The winner is Kathy of   http://runningwithrocket.blogspot.com/. Congratulations Kathy!!! Be sure to send me your address so I can get the magazine out to you, sewbussted@yahoo.com.
The next sew along will start on June 23rd and we will be making the Summer Breeze Top from Hot Patterns.
As soon as the Flickr group is up, I'll let you know. In the meantime you can order your pattern here,  http://www.hotpatterns.com/hp-1137-riviera-summer-breeze-sleeveless-tops/ If you decide to purchase your fabric before the sew along starts, keep in mind that it needs to be a very lightweight fabric, like a silk charmeuse or a very light weight knit will also work well. In order to achieve the front drape, a good bit of fabric is gathered into a rather small space, so if your fabric is too heavy, you'll never get it all gathered up.
A little bird told me that there will be prizes after the sew along ends, so you will want to join the Flickr group.
I'm going to be feverishly working on my Sew Chic Myrtlewood dress today so I can post it tomorrow. It should have been finished last week, but life.......
I will be back a little later with something rather fun, so see you later!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover of this issue. I plane to make the tote right away.
    Thanks for picking me,
    Kathy
    RunningWithRocket

    ReplyDelete