f

Monday, June 30, 2014

Hot Patterns Summer Breeze Sew Along Week 2

This week's post for the Hot Patterns Summer Breeze Sew Along is up on the Sew News blog and you can find it here,  http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/2014/06/30/the-hot-patterns-summer-breeze-sew-along-week-2-converting-a-top-to-a-dress/.
For the sew along, I decided to lengthen the pattern and make a dress. You'll find my instructions on the blog post. I'm using a fabric that I'm calling Psychedelic Egg Yolks. I think it will be rather fun ;)
The blog post as well as the video covers French seams. I just love the way French seams look inside a garment. If you would like to take a look at the video, I've linked it below. It's short, less than 3 minutes.



A little side note about the video. This was the 3rd set of videos I did that day and I can see that I was getting rather tired. It was a looong day!!
If you are making the Summer Breeze Top, pop over to the Flickr page and post your progress. A little hint, there is going to be a giveaway at the end of the sew along, so you might want to join in!! You can find the Flickr page here,  https://www.flickr.com/groups/sn_sewalong_3
Happy Sewing!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment