f

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

From Las Palmas With Love

When I arrived home last night, I found 2 boxes of pillowcases waiting for me and another arrived this morning, so I have lots to share. Our total count now is 320!!!! Fabulous. This just gets more and more exciting by the day:)
This group of pillowcases comes all the way from The Canary Islands, Las Palmas to be exact! The creator is none other than the fabulous Rosy of  http://www.sewingadicta.com/.
 Look how pretty!
  Five lovely cases were in the package.
 Look at the gorgeous crochet that puts this case over the edge.
What makes this package of cases so much fun for me is that I recognize fabric from pieces that Rosy has made and posted on her blog.
I feel as though our hands have reached across the ocean and joined together for this project.
Thank you Rosy for your lovely cases and for sending them all the way to America!
So as I said, our count sits at 320 pillowcases for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. This count includes a few from me just to round out the numbers, maybe 15 in total, so my commitment of 200 still needs to be added to the total. I am going to try and get as many completed as I can over the next couple of weeks because I am getting very excited about doing the post on reaching the halfway mark of 450 pillowcases.
I would like to share this message I received last week,
"My daughter was 6 months old when she had to have a big strawberry birthmark that kept causing issues removed from the back of her neck. When we got to pre-op they gave her a pink Dora pillowcase, I didn't know they did this, she's almost 4 now & still loves it!" 
If you would like to help reach the goal of 900 pillowcases(900 is the goal because that is how many pillowcases the hospital can go through in just one month), I would be so very grateful. You can find all the posts that I have done about this project here, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge and you can find my simplified instructions for making pillowcases here, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html If you would like to join in, email me at sewbussted@yahoo.com and let me know.
Thank you Rosy and to everyone who has contributed. In our own way we are casting a lovely light out into the world.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I can not describe in words the immense happiness that produces in me, see this post. I enjoyed sewing these pillow cases knowing that they will be a way to provide some happiness to these children ... and now, looking at these pictures and reading your words, my eyes are moistened with emotion. Thank you, dear Rhonda for giving this opportunity to people like me. I also feel like we had we played our hands through this package, so exciting! You are great!

    ReplyDelete