f

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning!
For those of you who are sick and tired of vintage fashions, you are in luck as I have only one more week's worth of Modes Royale patterns to show you! As I said last week, I do hope that it has been interesting and that you have been able to glean a bit of inspiration from the pictures. 
Today I am sharing the Fall/Winter 1951/52 catalogue. I have found this one especially interesting. Take a look at the lower right hand corner of the cover. There were free patterns in this catalogue for a sweater and hip pads!!!!! I have not published the typed pages as they looked too pixelated, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me so I am going to have to go back and look for the hip pad pattern, not that ANY of us would want to make them, but I think it would be interesting nonetheless.
Enjoy the next to last edition of our Modes Royale parade!



Lovely sleeve treatment on the above left outfit. You'll probably see this again!!
I have a dress that is similar to the dress on the right. This is a beautiful neckline.



The above dress would make a lovely wedding gown.









I think the coat on the right is spectacular, but I also love the pocket line on the left coat.

A professor would fall off their if a student arrived to class wearing anything remotely similar to any of the above outfits!!! My, how we have changed.



Wishing you all a lovely and inspiring week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing all of these beautiful fashion catalogues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy. I thought that they were too nice to keep to myself. So glad that you have enjoyed them.

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for sharing and you said it how much we have changed !!

    ReplyDelete