f

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Best Laid Plans

A few weeks ago I posted the skirt in the picture below for Fabulous Free Pattern Friday and I said that I would make an announcement about the top that I am wearing. Well.......
I sent the pattern out to be graded and chose a few people to test it for me. My first setback was me gettting sick. Today was my first day back in my studio in over a week (other than a weak voice, I am feeling sooo much better. Thank you for all the kind thoughts that have been sent my way!). I pulled out the graded pattern and as I was stacking it, it just didn't look right. As usual, I blamed myself first, thinking that maybe I had made a mistake. No, the pattern was perfect, it was the grading. I was so upset. So what to do? Grade it myself. I had chosen to have the pattern graded as I felt it wasn't the best use of my time, but as it turns out, I guess it is, not only my time, but my money as well.

It's really a favorite of mine. As you can see, one side sits on the shoulder and the other is off the shoulder.

 This one is out of a softer fabric.
So....coming soon to an internet shop near you, a new Sewbussted Pattern. Although I'm so disappointed in the grading, I'm really excited about getting the top in a pattern form. Stay tuned as the Spin Around Top will be soon to follow. It's been a year since it was in Threads magazine, so it's about time!
I'll see you tomorrow for our new Fabulous Free Pattern Friday addition!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I just love the unique look of this top. I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete