f

Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Morning Inspiration

What Is Success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
     and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
     and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave this world a better place whether
     by a healthy child, a garden patch
     or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier
     because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
                               Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is one of my favorite pieces. It always brings me back to what is truly important.
As this new week begins, I would like to look back for a moment and say thank you to so many who have touched my life is such a special way this past week.
Miss P, thank you for the excitement in your voice when you hear my voice on the other end of the line.
Shams, what can I say? You took the bull by the horns and opened up my world. Thank you.
D. Cameron, I think you have pinned every Free Pattern Friday to your Pinterest board. Thank you.
J Hammons and Kay Yaws, thank you for your pins and your lovely comments.
The lovely comments I've received from so many on the piece I did about my grandfather, thank you.
All of you who have sent such lovely emails and asked for the poinsettia napkin ring pattern, thank you.
Those of you who have included a link to my blog through yours, kbenco , mahogany stylist, la machinacoudre, sew intriguing, la bobinePaco Peralta, Sewing Saga, Sewing NicheSew Ruthie, Weirwood Station, thank you, thank you.
And last, but not least, C. Nelson, thank you for your words, "I look forward to your blog entries, like reading my favorite columnist in the newspaper." For someone who loves to write, no words could be sweeter.
As this Thanksgiving Week begins, I wish you all a lovely week full of blessings.
And in closing, some lovely pictures of Fall that I took while on a hike with my dogs this past week.










Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on passing the 100 mark for followers! Nice thoughts for Thanksgiving week.

    ReplyDelete